Cloth Diapers, Right Down to the Natural Fibers
When you look at your baby’s diapers, do you know about the fibers?
- What fiber is this diaper?
- What properties does this fiber have?
- How do those properties work?
- Where did the fiber come from, and how did it get here?
- What is the environmental impact of this fiber’s life cycle?
We offer you information on the science of common cloth diaper fibers as well as general resources to help you find out more. You will also find in each section children’s learning materials so you can help children understand these fibers and a broader natural balance.
We are lucky that one half of our family business, our diaper scientist, is trained as a materials scientist. He lent his expertise to write several articles on cloth diaper fibers.
• Which Cloth Diaper Fiber is the Best Choice for the Environment?
• You Can't Duplicate Natural Fibers
• Why Do Natural Fibers Absorb?
• Why Use Wool for Diaper Covers? Wool Science for Cloth Diapering Parents
Our diaper scientist is also often the author of answers to questions about diaper and wool cover care, which become Frequently Asked Questions.
Fuzbaby makes the Fuzbomb wool diaper cover, a tailored cover with gussets, and the
Almost-in-One wool diaper cover, cut to fit over trimmer contour diapers. Our Tartan wool diaper cover is a Fuzbomb with a layer of natural wool inside and formal tartan of your choice outside. We also have kits to make children's toys with wool.
All of Fuzbaby's cloth diapers are made in USA with 100% certified organic cotton. We carry both fitted organic cotton cloth diapers and contour organic cotton cloth diapers. These may be our colorful, hand-printed Elemental organic cotton cloth diapers or part of Fuzbaby Diaper Garden sets.
In our Diaper Art Gallery you will see the variety of ways we have made natural fibers perform a simple function for babies around the world.